2015 Paradoxica Nondual Psychology Conference
June 17-19 (Post-Conference session June 20)
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Wednesday — June 17 Pre-Conference Workshop
9:00 am – 4:00 pm The Diamond Thunderbolt of Osho
Gary Tzu will be facilitating an intense non-dual transformational day utilizing some far gone invitations from brilliant but controversial teacher Osho. In particular key passages from his Buddha discourses the Heart Sutra, the Diamond Sutra, This Body the Buddha, as well as Lao Tzu and The Three Treasures, and a wild Krishna invitation will be used. This is a chance to push your understanding and clarity far gone into non-dual buddha land and beyond. E-mail [email protected] to register, $75.
Thursday — June 18 Pre-Conference Workshop
9:00 am – 4:00 pm The Radical Transcendence Brilliance of Adi Da
Join Gary Tzu for an examination of some brilliant invitations in early to middle Adi Da writings. In particular, we will use the Enlightenment of the Whole Body (1978), the Lion Sutra (1995), and the Dawn Horse Testament (1994) to take the plunge into the midnight sun and beyond. We look beyond the cultic and devotional invitations of Adi Da to enjoy his leading edge invitation to embrace radical transcendence and 7th stage living in which true non-dual living begins. It will be a wildly transformational and invigorating day. This is only appropriate for those at the end of the line. Register by e-mailing [email protected], $75.
Friday — June 19 Conference Schedule
9:00 am – 10:00 am Gary Tzu, The Midnight Sun: Embracing the Symphony of Existence
10:00 am to 11:00 am Jason Solowoniuk, Reality Blinks: A Psychodynamic- Nondual Informed Approach toward Addressing Dissociative Phenomenon
11: 00 am to noon Canela Michelle Meyers, The Science of Love
1:00 pm to 2:00 pm Trent Leighton, Translating the Languages of Nonduality: Literacy and Self-Realization
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Marie Damgaard, The Transformation of the ‘Grotesque’ in Female Sexuality into Tantric Non-Dual Being
3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Roy Dopson A T.O.E. (Theory of Enlightenment): The Number System as a Model of Consciousness
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm Daniel Solodky, The Destructive Guest: Navigating the Dark Side of Awakening
4:30 pm – 5:00 pm Aha, Embracing a Vision for the Paradoxica Non-Dual Community
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Closing Wine and Cheese Celebration
Register below with the $75 paypal button or pay at door, students only pay $25.
Friday -June 19 Meditation Group
5:30 pm to 7:30 pm Meditation Group with Roy Dopson, Markin Hall 1004, ($40, pay at session)
Saturday — June 20 Post-Conference Group/Satsang
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm Satsang/Nondual Group with Canela Michelle Meyers & Gary Tzu (e-mail: [email protected], 321a 6St. S., $75, pay at session)
Presentations: Speaker Bios and Topics
1)Gary Tzu after many years of seeking came to a place of absolute hopelessness and total failurehood, and surrendered to rest naturally in what is. He completed a Masters and Doctorate in transpersonal-nondual approaches to psychology in which he integrated the transpersonal work of Ken Wilber and A.H. Almaas with eastern contemplative traditions. After working in addictions and mental health fields, he joined the Addictions Counselling Program at the University of Lethbridge in 1998 as a professor. Since then, he also has maintained a private practice in nondual psychotherapy, working with both individuals and groups. He is editor of Paradoxica: Journal of Nondual Psychology, and author of two recent nondual books, Beyond Addiction to Awakening and Awakening in the Paradox of Darkness. His website is: www.garytzu.com
Title: Midnight Sun The Midnight Sun: Embracing the Symphony of Existence
This presentation will be an invitation to push our post-awakening non-dual being further down the road so we can embrace the symphony of existence in all of its colors. Invitations to embrace the midnight sun, active infinity and cosmic dancing, the radiance of love and death, the tree of existence, and even “cosmic bumship”, will be made in celebrating existence now.
2) Jason Solowoniuk after experiencing a sudden spiritual awakening ten years ago, went on a journey to understand the nature of his True Self. Filled with fear and anxiety, but swept under a current of spiritual energy he has learned to relax into being. Today, utilizing the wisdom of surrender and integrating Eastern and Western approaches to counselling/psychotherapy, he now offers these insights and practices toward helping clients ameliorate and transform their own suffering in whatever form it manifests (e.g., depression, panic, addictions, eating disorders, trauma reactions, relationship difficulties, grief, bereavement, etc.) He also teaches and conducts research at the University of Lethbridge, within the Health Sciences Faculty.
Title: Reality Blinks: A Psychodynamic- Nondual Informed approach toward addressing Dissociative Phenomenon
This presentation will explore the direct experience of dissociation with a psychodynamic informed Nondual approach. Specifically, dissociation will be explored in terms of better understanding annihilation anxiety, me and not me ego-states, the illusion of continuity, toward embracing a cosmic nonlocal self.
3) Canela Michelle Meyers, nondual teacher and best selling author of “Right Here, Right Now Meditations” has been offering Satsang around the world since 1999 in group events and individual Satsang sessions (in person, by phone, by Skype). Her flavour of pointing to the Truth is highly inclusive, supporting people to open to themselves in any situation and recognize the gift in what is occurring. Her particular joy is in supporting people in the exploration of the energetics of what she calls the human system. After working with thousands of clients for over 20 years, she has come to recognize how energy plays in the human system and teaches people in how to find and open to these energies – allowing what once appeared as stagnant/held energy (or a ‘problem’) to be supported to harmony…consciously embodied as freely flowing energy.
Title: The Science of Love
Canela’s talk will speak of the study of Love as all that is. What’s scientific about it? Can Love be explored in a scientific way, and if so how can this happen?
She will talk about the various ways of how Love shows up and the common denominator in all of those ways. This talk leads Self into recognition of what is True: Love as the root of all that appears in each moment.
4) Trent Leighton has been passionately pursuing the marriage of psychology and the nondual wisdom traditions of the perennial philosophy both personally and as a non-dual therapist and currently is on faculty with the Addictions Counselling Program at the University of Lethbridge. Dr. Leighton’s influences include Carl Jung, William James, Ramakrishna, Adi Da Samraj and Jesus, to name a few.
Title: Translating the Languages of Nonduality: Literacy and Self-Realization
While many talk of nondual wisdom very few stop to consider what the nondual is communicating back. This presentation will examine the reciprocation of nonduality through the therapeutic languages of nondual traditions: essence and activity. Toward this end, the linguistic relationship between relative and absolute being will be connected with the relationship between relative and absolute essence of action.
5) Marie Damgaard is a Certified Sexual Addictions Therapist with a private practice specializing in the transformational processes of trauma, sexual issues, and co-dependency. She is currently completing her Master’s Counseling Thesis research on women’s transformational journey through sexual grotesqueness to tantric transformation, cosmic orgasm and non-dual being. She is very passionate about inviting women to see the grasping of the other and beyond as an invitation to Re-Awaken to Total Being. She also teaches sex addictions courses in the Health Sciences program at the University of Lethbridge.
Title: The Transformation of the ‘Grotesque’ in Female Sexuality into Tantric Non-Dual Being
This presentation will be a phenomenological exploration of the path of feminine sexual energy, beyond the socially constructed status quo into Awakening through integration.
6) Roy Dopson began his quest to find Truth and Reality fifteen years ago. His path has unfolded in such a way as to allow complete devotion to this endeavor, without distraction. It has paid off, as all questing/questions have concluded within Roy. As a result he spends most of his time simply abiding in the bliss of pure Being. His one remaining desire is to share with you the path he has taken to the realization of our True Nature.
Title: A T.O.E. (Theory of Enlightenment): The Number System as a Model of Consciousness
Current attempts to understand reality that are based solely upon mathematical models do not address suffering and happiness, and therefore cannot be considered complete theories. This “Theory of Enlightenment” uses the foundational constituents of mathematics (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) in conjunction with the fundamental models of Christianity, Buddhism, Taoism, and Hinduism, to better understand consciousness and Self. It then presents a practical application in order to actualize theory into direct experience, resulting in absolute happiness; the ceasing of suffering.
7) Daniel Solodky is a transpersonal and nondual psychotherapist in private practice in Melbourne, Australia. After experience a deeply distributing spiritual awakening, Daniel quit a corporate human resources management career of 14 years to retrain as a career counsellor and transpersonal psychotherapist. He works globally with clients on Skype and presents at conferences globally. Title: The Destructive Guest: Navigating The Dark Side of Awakening Rumi offers a profoundly moving invitation to welcome all guests. This presentation explores how to live with the flood of unwanted destructive guests. The bottom of the pit; the return of the repressed; the hell realm experience; and the extremely dark night of the soul are discussed as widely documented guests in every day experience. Terrifying mediation, unresolved trauma and psychic phenomena are explored as framework for awakening, an invitation for integration, and reminder to not get stuck in any one place. We too let the blissful mystic check out, let go of the dry intellectual and remain as the broke, fearful, lonely, empty and decaying guest house.
8) Aha in this Great Theatre of the Dream we all share, is the realized presence and Force of the NOW-HERE. As a Transpersonal Undoing Agent, he has, for the past several years, taught scores of students both Eastern and Western techniques of illumination at workshops and in private consultations throughout Alberta, California and BC. He has been conducting Satsangs (gatherings of Truth) regularly since 2004. Early on, at the age of seven, Aha began investigating ideas of various religions and occult paths. At twenty-one, after graduating with a degree in philosophy, he fell into God-realized company, and, began to live disciplines of conscious realization of the Transpersonal Heart condition of Truth. His wide-ranging philosophical and musical interests have been channeled into the service of Awakening, and providing good company for those undergoing initiation into the powers of Self- Realization. Aha is featured in the award-winning documentary, The Nature of Existence. Aha is currently residing in southern Alberta and invites contact through email: [email protected] Visit his website at www.templeofbeing.com
Title: Embracing a Vision for the Paradoxica Non-Dual Community
Aha will work with the non-dual group as a whole in looking at where the community goes from here. Aha combines his radiant non-dual being with tarot and visionary gifts to lay out his radical heart invitations.
* Other Registration Payment Options:
1) by cheque payable to Gary Tzu, mail to Gary Tzu, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Lethbridge, 4401 University Drive, Lethbridge, AB, T1K 3 M4 Canada
2) Pay at door day of conference, e-mail confirmation of planned attendance to [email protected]